-->

Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Soaking my whites

River, sometimes when I notice my whites are getting dingy or I want to get some extra brightness out of them, I will soak them overnight in regular laundry detergent and peroxide. Peroxide is a great all purpose thing to have in the house - and it's cheap. A large bottle here costs $1. It's a great infection treatment and stain remover. It draws out infection very well and is a good laundry booster.

There used to be a product called Bio-Ad. My Mom and grandmother used to use it and with babies in the house it's practically a staple on the shopping list. All my whites just gleamed when you added this booster to your laundry cycle. Alas... it's not made anymore :( So I've been trying to find a suitable replacement. I've heard baking soda is a good booster too.

Just make sure when you use this stuff that you fill the laundry tub/washer up and let it agitate a few times to get it dissolved and then add your clothes. What I do is put the wash level to "small," add the detergent and booster and let is agitate a bit, and then put the water level to whatever level you're going to do laundry at and add your clothes.

I'll let you know how my soaking went - the machine is going around now. It's usually my socks that get dingy and I like white socks.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)