-->

Pages

Monday 6 April 2009

Our Sunday

What a beautiful day it was yesterday!! Rob and I went to Waterloo to check out a private sale trailer for sale. OMG It's so beautiful and so clean and so... oh so nice... but it's kind of narrow and tiny..... and if we were demolishing the house this summer, it's not one I could live in for two months.... possibly 3 or 4.... :) But we'll keep it in mind. You'll see the photos shortly when I empty the camera card.

Afterwards, we went to The Aud to see the K-W RV Show. *sighs....* some day when we retire we'll own an RV that is more than what we paid for this house LOL Some really impressive layouts there!

With the weights we're seeing, we're starting to think maybe 5th Wheel is the way to go just for the better towability. Our Chevy is a 1500 Silverado and while we'd be able to pull this stuff, the RPM gauge will be right up there because of the aerodynamics of the trailer. Which of course screws any gas milage. If there was better air flow it wouldn't be like pulling a gigantic box on wheels that weighs 5000 pounds loaded. If we got the right layout it would be one we could temporarily live in if Rob gets the job at the Bruce Nuclear Plant and gutting this house. Plus if/when we take it camping, if we get a ton of rain like we did last August at Algonquin it wouldn't be unbearable to be cooped up in it and have our food cargo inside it because of the bears. I took pictures of the main layouts I liked at the RV show and will share also. If Rob gets/takes the job at Bruce, we'd be looking at living at a campground for the summer and coming back here to the house on weekends to remodel.

After we were done at the RV show, Rob had to go to a classmate and finish up a group project. The guy lives right across the street from Kitchener's Victoria Park. So I packed up my camera and went for a walk. I was doing great until the batteries went dead, and soon discovered the others were so old that they didn't hold their charge. I walked back to the car, threw the camera bag in the trunk and went to the Mall LOL I found a sale and bought two more shirts. I was still looking around when the cell phone rang and it was Rob, saying they were done. Drove back, came home, had a quick bite to eat and then headed over to Paul and Annalese's and watched WWE Wrestlemania. I'm not big on wrestling since it's so fake... but it was a good evening out.

My monthly curse came yesterday morning in full swing so it was an interesting day feeling like I had to carry a mop with me. I had an accident at Paul and Annalese's and when we went to Tim Horton's so I could use the bathroom, my jeans were just about soaked. Last night was not much better and it was a good thing I put a towel down. I hope it settles down the rest of the week. I'm doing laundry today.

I'm looking outside and having a hard time believing it was like summer yesterday driving around with the windows down. When we got home I saw we had a weather warning email and it said heavy snowfall on the way. It's still snowing now and will continue throughout this afternoon. Stupid thing is, I took my multi-season coat and took the lining out making it a fall jacket. I guess I'll be putting the lining back in before I go to the store this morning. I just poured the last bit of milk in my tea.

I think Rob is putting off going to work LOL 9:22 here and he's still on the computer :) Can't say that I blame him... there's a good 3 - 4" of snow out there and it's still coming down.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)