-->

Pages

Saturday 4 April 2009

I am so blessed

I am so sick of these @#$%! hormones. My tongue resembles hamburger meat. At least I haven't felt the mysterious cramps for about a day now so I'll be glad if that's the end of them. I call them mysterious because I'm on day 94 of no monthly curse. If nothing in two weeks making an appointment to see the doctor just to talk with him about it. To top it off, it snowed last night and the weather was actually wicked enough that it knocked the power out for much of the night. Good thing Rob threw another quilt on the bed last night. There is still about a ½" of snow on the ground but it's melting. Overcast and dreary today which wouldn't help the mood much either.

But about 90% of it seemed to alleviate last night when Rob and I went to an MBA Charity Social. For the $20 admission each we attended a "dress to impress" social with fellow MBA students and their spouses/better half and a good portion of the proceeds went to a charity who's name escapes me right now. We treated it as a date as well and it was just what the doctor ordered to have some time together out of the house with drinks, music socializing, laughing and dancing. I think with Rob in three classes and working on schoolwork the rest of the time he isn't at work or school or sleeping, it was getting too routine around here. I can only go out on my own so much before I'm like, oh yes, I am married, I do have a husband and we'll be married 2 years this May.... it was starting to take it's toll on me and I think him too. He is so bored this semester that if he doesn't take the summer off, he'll surely fail from boredom. His finance class is the worst one. He'll take the wireless card and go online while in his finance class and chat with me LOL When he finishes this term, he will only need 4 more credits and will have graduated the MBA program.

It was so nice to get out of the house and just hang out for awhile and get dressed up a little to boot. The spark is still there, but I could tell it was getting a little windy around it. We had a good talk on the way there and on the way home too. Some of the people at this social asked me what I did for a living. I said I volunteered a lot of my time in the community as a Kinette and I was a homemaker the rest of the time. At first I felt a little odd walking amongst all these university students/professors/grads just having a high school diploma, but I was impressed with the general feeling that we were all equal and they were generally very down to earth people. On our way home I mentioned to Rob that I was a little uncomfortable at first when asked what my job was and he said you kidding? A lot of those people are jealous that you can stay at home and we can still get ahead especially in this economy. If they want to get ahead, both husband and wife have to work. You have a choice either way if you want to volunteer or work. I felt like a million bucks when he told me that and knew that every word he said was true. It made me appreciate him even more that he is so supportive of me no matter what I do. If I want to go back to school and learn something, I can. If I want to go out with friends (lol if I had any living nearby) I can. If I want to support a cause or donate, I can. If anyone were to tell me my husband is full of it, they will get an earful of my spite. He is no dummy that's for sure. Of course i always knew he wasn't, but in the height of this "routine boredom" I think I felt myself withdrawing a little. Now the flickering spark is a full fledged flame and it's getting bigger by the minute. I got the distinct impression from his classmates and project partners that just about everything he does is for me. He takes his laptop to class and his desktop picture on there is various photos of our wedding day, things we've done together and various photos I've taken. He apparently shows my photos off too some he has taken and saved on his school laptop. A lot of these people knew me before they met me lol My head swelled like a hot air balloon all evening LOL

He had an interview yesterday morning in Mississauga with a company called AECL (Atomic Energy of Canada Limited), a contracting firm that sends people all over the world on contract positions with top companies. They are looking to fill a contract Project Controller position at the Bruce Nuclear plant in Tiverton Ontario, on the shores of Lake Huron. If successful, Rob will have a job immediately after he is done at Campbell's (Bruce is willing to wait for the right candidate even though they needed someone "yesterday.") until December. He is hoping this will get his foot in the door to make some contacts there for any potential openings. He finds out Monday if he was successful. They interviewed three people including Rob who was the third interviewed. They knew Rob couldn't leave Campbell's until May 29th or he'd be throwing away a $25,000 to $30,000 severance after taxes. Knowing that, they still interviewed him. Rob has a good feeling, especially if he was the last one interviewed, so he thinks he may have something the previous 2 candidates interviewed didn't have, otherwise they probably would have considered the previous two. If he gets the job, our summer is going to be interesting and we will have much to talk about LOL We will also be working on the house during this time too. It will be so good to get it started and I personally want to hold the sledgehammer when we start demolishing walls inside.

Tomorrow we will most likely be going to Waterloo to check out a trailer for sale and go to the RV show.

I am thinking of "booking" some time off and focus on me for awhile. But I haven't decided yet. If I do, I'd be going on Special Notice on some of my email groups. I desperately need it. But if I'm ever needed I'm just an email or phone call away.

Quiche for dinner and card games tonight at Paul and Annalese's. Life is so good.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)