-->

Pages

Friday 30 January 2009

Somewhat Busy Today

We made stuffed lasagna for dinner yesterday and the recipe called for broccoli, but as you know Rob can't stand it. So I substituted asparagus (just as good for you) and it turned out well. Got the recipe from that Fat Free cookbook I was showing you yesterday. M'mmm calls for Ricotta cheese which is kind of like cottage cheese only with a bit more bite to it. They didn't have French loaf that the Parmesan garlic bread so we got Italian instead. Instead of buying lasagna noodles, Rob made some using his pasta machine. Turned out good and there's leftovers they are very filling.

But we spent over an hour in Zehr's and the tally came to $60 I think but we redeemed the remainder of our free grocery points to start fresh and the total we paid was $3 LOL I got a water bottle that I can carry around that holds 22 oz. Drink 3 of those and that's my 8 glasses of water that they recommend. Checked my weight this morning and down to 157, so total lost is 6 pounds. I didn't get much exercise yesterday and the day before kind of relapsed and made two sandwiches for lunch instead of one and yogurt and water and had more chocolate than I probably should have the day before that. I was feeling a little sluggish too having only had 4 cups of tea all day so I was probably a little dehydrated.

We priced the little mini cuisinarts and they are $49 at Crappy Tire... so going to see if they come on sale again. Rob suggested getting a new cuisinart because of the bowl on mine. I said NO! It still works and I'm probably holding on to it more for sentimental value - it's about 30 years old and my Mom bought it when I was a baby. He said most people want new so if one part goes the whole thing goes in the garage sale. I must be a dying breed because I'd rather pay $30 for a part than pay $200 for brand new when the old one still works just as good. He admitted that he'd be one of those that would buy new and toss old one. I was surprised LOL He saw a Hamilton Beach one at Zeller's website for $39 but I don't like the look of it plus it only has one speed: puree. The cuisinarts have two speeds puree & chop and I just think they are generally a better brand and stand the test of time: this one 30 years old and still ticking. Zeller's doesn't carry them. And when we checked Zeller's inventory - they didn't have any of their food processors in stock. The store here in town is such a joke. Even for buying clothes. Nothing for the 30something crowd. Either high school kids into skin tight whatever, or 80-90 year old granny panties (that I'm sure the 80-90 year old crowd can't stand)

I'm thinking of turning my website into a photography store and sell some of my prints. I set up an online shopping cart and will have to overhaul my site (but leave the HLC portion intact) I am watching the mail for this year's fall fair program and thinking of showing one of my photos. Every year they have a theme and you take a picture with that theme in mind. The program will have that theme in it but it probably won't show up until spring. I looked at the one last year to see what the prizes were. They are pretty dismal but it's more of the honour of winning in a competition. The photos have to be matted and framed and 1st prize is $7 LOL They have competitions for everything you'd be amazed. Best tart, best bread, best pie, best short story, best this best that. Everything under the sun. And everything is judged. I was talking with Rob about it and he said go for it I bet you'd win. So will think about it when I get that flyer to see what the theme is.

I went to Conestoga College's website to see what they offered for web design and nothing was open. Will try again later maybe closer to spring. I think University of Waterloo has an online edition of it but have to confirm. If people are going to be referred to me for websites I may as well become fully trained. That way I can charge more and feel more comfortable when people say "what would this look like?" and it would take me a day to figure out how to do it with google searches, plus I want to get into flash. I have the program to do it, but when I open it I'm in a daze and get dizzy. The guy I'm doing this website for is giving me $200 to do a page and put up his online shopping cart.

Can't wait to get that camera stuff I ordered. My friend Julie suggested I wait two weeks from the time of shipment as that's the typical wait with customs and such.

Well, the dishes are a-callin' and I best get my counter cleaned off. Rob is at work this morning because of a meeting but should be home this afternoon. Not sure what the plan is. I still have yet to eat breakfast.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)