-->

Pages

Monday 5 January 2009

2009 - The year for ME.

Last night after we went to bed I snuggled up to Rob to get warm and he actually had to push me away a little. I asked him if he was okay and he said that he had definitely gained weight while we were away. Everything is feeling snug as a bug (or perhaps a little snugger to be more accurate) and I said I think I did too and that we were probably going to see a little walking in our very near future.

He quipped back yeah, walking to the fridge and getting more food.

It was an innocent enough comment but it struck home with me.

Then while watching TV today (a rarity) I saw a show that struck home. Given my family history of borderline diabetes, heart issues, extreme weight issues and a myriad of other issues, I realized that if I wanted to live a longer happier life (and not constantly stuffing my face with comfort food such as Doritos and microwave popcorn....) I need to take action NOW.

So 2009 is going to be the year of a healthier me. I'm not going to try to lose weight, I'm simply going to eat better and stick at least 20 minutes of exercise (ie: walking) in each day.

I quit smoking in 2007, I'm going to even better my health in 2009.

Here starts my journal for 2009.

Current weight: 161 pounds.

Jenn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)