-->

Pages

Monday 12 January 2009

Monday

18.6ºF currently and overcast. I went to bed early around 10:30 last night and I didn't get up until 8:40 this morning. This has been happening on a regular basis for about a week now and I hope it's just the recovery from the trip. I'm still tired and feel I could sleep.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and will have to tell him that I got my cycle while we were at Lizz's so that answers THAT question. I bet he will be checking my thyroid again. Last time I was this tired and no appetite was when my thyroid levels were very high. They have always bordered the high side but not enough to need medication. However I received some very sad news the summer of 1998 about a dear friend of mine, and it threw my whole body out of whack. It was 90ºF in the shade and I was always cold. I was closing the windows, putting sweaters on and turning the heat up. Mum followed behind me turning the heat down and opening the windows again. It was a miserable time for sure. Then my appetite totally went haywire. I felt like I could eat a horse I was so hungry yet two bites of my meal and I was full. Half the fridge was dedicated to my leftovers that I'd try to finish. Saw the doctor and my thyroid was extremely high - it gave a reading of 7 when normal levels are usually 0.1 to 0.5. No wonder I felt horrible. The acid reflux was also bad too. I've been getting a lot of acid reflux lately but I'm not letting myself jump to conclusions until I see the doctor. I feel like I'm falling asleep as I sit here after 2 cups of coffee.

I received more presents in the mail this morning. My yearly hummingbird calendar from my friend Keith in Cobourg, a card and Enya's newest CD "And Winter Came." I'm in the process of encoding it on my computer. I allowed myself to listen to the first track and fell in love instantly.

Time to plug away at some stuff here. Rob has classes tonight so will be gone from 4 to 11PM.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)