-->

Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Politics.

I imagine the internet is going to be quiet today as people will probably be glued to the television watching the Inauguration.

As a Right Wing Canadian, I have mixed emotions about what the next four years will bring. Up here, our experience with Left Wing politicians have been less than favourable in my opinion. Throwing the country further into debt with their socialized spending and raising taxes to the point that unless you're in the Upper Middle Class/Low High Class tax bracket (and even they were suffering) both parents had to work and stick the children in daycare, which was subsidized by the government for single moms on welfare. I don't get it.

Call me old fashioned but I do believe the Mother should stay at home with the children. It will be a cold day in Hell before I let some stranger with a college diploma look after my children. They push too much adult education (girls are learning at age 8 what their menstrual cycle is and both boys and girls are learning how to have sex at age 9) that should be taught by either Mom or Dad when the child is ready (because we all know each child is different) to learn or starts asking questions. This is NOT for the state to decide.

The current federal government cut taxes so that there is more money in the pockets of Canadians. He even lowered (gradually) the federal sales tax from 7% to 5% which might not sound like a lot, but it adds up. Joe Blow with zero credit can't just walk in off the street and get a $500,000 mortgage with no down payment. I had to jump through hoops to get my $12,000 car loan and that's a good thing. I earned my good credit. I have had zero handouts. When I was laid off from work, I dipped into my unemployment. I didn't go on welfare. I worked and I got a job that was right for our circumstance. I got my car paid off and now I do volunteer work since we are one of the few that can afford to have me at home tending to the house and cooking meals.

Another thing is that we have 5 banks nationally. We don't have independent banks or Provincial banks like there is State banks that I saw while travelling in the US. And all our deposits are protected by banking insurance that is required by LAW.

While I love the beautiful US of A, and will continue to visit my many friends that live in the beautiful country, I will continue to be PROUD as a Canadian that we don't screw up too bad!

Just my 2¢ (more like $2 worth - here's a toonie or as some of us like to say "the queen's bear bottom") worth, eh!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)