-->

Pages

Sunday 3 May 2009

Officially White trailer Trash LOL

Just checking in to say Hi. I'm seeing lots of hummingbird sightings on the migration map at hummingbirds.net but still haven't seen one here yet. But nevertheless I have had a feeder out for 3 weeks now and refilled it a few days ago to freshen it up after the rains.

We picked up our new RV Thursay and spent two hours at the dealership learning about what does what how to hitch up and what I do while Rob is backing the truck up to the 5th wheel part. We practiced a few times and now pretty much have it down pact. Slept in it for the first time that night and oh so nice :) I just have to get used to the really hard mattress all three mornings I woke up my hip hurt. Worst case scenario I get one of those padding things to go on my side of the bed. :) :) We didn't have the slide out part out and we still had lots of room.

Had a shower Friday morning and successfully broke the tap turning the shower head off. Couldn't believe it! We figure the pipe was just getting worn and when me of all people put the pin in to turn the showerhead off it partially came out of the wall. Went to my father in law's job and asked him what to do he called someone. Unreal.... LOL So now my father in law has something to tease me about. I'm surprised he didn't say don't break anything else as we were leaving LOL Poor Rob couldn't even have his shower until the next day. God... I felt so stupid. I was really the luck of the draw they have sulfur water which does not mix well with copper pipes. So when my FIL replaced it he used plastic. It was pure crap luck that I was the one to use the shower then. The pipe was nearly completely rotted from the sulfur in their water. When my MIL had a shower this morning she noted that she didn't hear all the running water behind the wall anymore. So it was just getting ready to go.

We got the trailer home safe and sound but it was an interesting ride on the way home. We just got on the road and were on it for about a half hour when Rob noticed something out of the corner of his eye and felt a jerk in the truck. I thought it was the brakes since we just had them replaced and we were still getting used to the jerkiness of them. He thought a bird flew into the trailer.

We actually blew a tire on the trailer front passenger side one. Must have went over something in Ailsa Craig and it was enough to lose the pressure in the tire and it was totally shredded. Called CAA and they can only tow so had to find an after hours traveling shop and doing some dialing with the cell phone found someone. On the side of the road (at least we had somewhere comfy to sit - just turned the radio on in the trailer LOL) for about 2 hours and it was fixed and we were on our way. Got it parked in the driveway now. The guy who came out to fix it was about five foot nothing and that's being generous LOL But good worker he was and had it fixed in 20 minutes new tire and everything. Going to ask Jed our mechanic to get us a spare tire for the RV should this happen again. Rob is going to call the dealership tomorrow to see if we can get some money back because the Tire Guy could tell the tire had been fixed not once but twice already and with that much weight it probably should have been replaced. Could have been worse we could have been headed to Algonquin Park fully loaded.

Had a good visit with the outlaws and the concert was pretty good too. It was Bobnoxious and Mudmen playing. Mudmen is a pretty cool concept: bag pipe rock band LOL Rob grew up with one of the pipers so it was nice for him to catch up with him briefly.

Rob went out for the evening and I'm just kicking back with a cup of tea.

I have guests from Arizona coming up and will be here on Thursday for a few days. We are going camping with them the first night and having a series of day trips for the remainder of the trip.

On Rob's job front, "Unofficially, he officially has the job." AECL has to meet with some people up at Bruce Nuclear to see how they feel about it (99.9999999999999999% chance they'll approve) and then pursue the chore of clearing security checks. Part of me wonders if it won't be until the middle of June when he starts. Fine by me - get some together time in :)

I am soo looking forward to being able to get catch up with all of you again, but please know that I think of all of you daily.

Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is crazy... I stumbled upon this blog post by accident.

    My family actually rented an RV the 30th of Feb 2009 and had our shower break the same time frame.. with a tire blown headed out of arizona. Crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT, thanks for the comment! As I re-read this entry, I left out the part that it wasn't the tap in the trailer that broke, but the tap in my in-laws bathroom. When we picked up our RV, we continued on to my in-laws to spend the night there before hauling it home. Enjoy my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)