-->

Pages

Thursday 14 May 2009

May Two Four

This weekend is the long weekend with a few names. For those patriotic few (me) it's the Queen Victoria Weekend. For the partiers and camping fanatics it is the May Two Four Weekend. The partiers like it because that's the big party weekend where they go through two fours like crazy (24 pack cases of beer....) and it's a big drunk fest.

For those of us who like a laid back family weekend and pay tribute to the Queen of the Victorian Times, they will likely stay far away. There are campgrounds and areas that cater to either or.

We will be spending our weekend at the trailer at our new seasonal campsite.

I didn't get any pictures of our set up yesterday or Tuesday, but most likely will today and tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. We strolled into our campsite while it was still daylight but once we realized we didn't have a waterhose for the water supply, it was breakneck speed to get to town before Crappy Tire closed at 9:00 (it was 8:50) to get a hose. We got there at 8:58 LOL The lady at the counter didn't look too happy until she realized we just needed that ONE item and she helped us find it. We got out and went to Timmies for dinner (me - black forest ham and swiss, Rob - turkey bacon club) and a can of coffee. By the time we got back to our campsite, it was dark and we still had yet to hook the water up. We hooked it up and realized there was a good spray where you couldn't get the connection tight enough. We did the best we could with wrenches and made a note to go back to town and get washers for it.

We slept good but I was still extremely tired when we got up at 7:30. Rob put the coffee pot on, then the tea kettle, tripping the breaker. Rob looked at the fuse panel and couldn't make heads or tails why when he switched fuses it still didn't work when he saw the breakers were in their proper on positions. So we went back into town, got washers for the water tap, bought a few packages of fuses, did some grocery shopping and then went back to the trailer. He still fussed and all that and I could tell he was getting frustrated. Then I was getting frustrated because I was feeling that he wasn't listening to me.

Finally he said boy you're pissy this morning!! I said fine I'm going for a walk. He thanked me (gee thanks LOL) I know he's extremely frustrated that he can't figure it out when he gets that way and it's best that I leave him alone.

So I went down to the back bush (I was ticked enough that I forgot my birding kit AND camera.....) and found a clearing next to the creek with picnic tables. I don't know how long I sat there but saw a bunch of birds. I'm sure it was a rose-breasted grosbeak from what fleeting image I got in the tree, for sure I saw a redheaded woodpecker, robins galore, red-winged blackbirds and I heard some unusual bird but didn't know the song. I was thinking of the birding by song set of CD's I have here and haven't listened to yet......

After sitting there for awhile I walked back up to the RV and he was in better humour. He was still baffled but had his shower (hot water isn't hot at all so need to figure that out) and I had a brain fart. Since all the appliances were working it was just the plug outlets NOT working, I said I wonder if we're running off battery and just didn't realize it?

Sure enough...... LMAO Apparently when you run off battery everything switches to a 12V system. Only 12V appliances work and the plugs won't work. He walked up to the main office, noticed the breaker for our trailer and it was tripped off, turned it back on and voila. We had power. Nah, don't think I'll rub in the fact that I was right and I figured it out and he didn't

Left my purse at Paul's computer store so said I'd pick it up today on our way through. Nothing too big in it, no money or anything. Just a pain in the butt to replace it all. He took it home and I'll grab it there.

Just doing a little laundry and packing for the weekend. Need to hop in the shower.

If I don't talk to you guys before we leave, have a great weekend! I'll be back Monday some time :)

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)