-->

Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Went Snowshoeing Yesterday (February 1, 2010)

Brrrr should have wore my polar pants. Leotards and fleece do NOT cut it LOL Every part of me was warm except for my face, ears (the hat I'm wearing in the photo is not one I normally wear and the wind just goes right through it) and thighs.

Well, now I know for next time but we had a nice walk through the provincial park. We bought a winter pass and it's good until March 31 so that will include our excursion to the Algonquin provincial park.

It was about 19ºF so not many pictures, I took one of Rob, he took one of me that I'm sharing.

The sky was partly red last night but it was an interesting drive home. The wind would blow the car and it'd get into the ridges of the had snow so only did 60km/H all the way home just trying to keep the car in the correct lane.

Had Oktoberfest Sausages for dinner with homemade perogies. I'm not too keen on perogies but Rob thought if he stuffed them full of flavour I'd develop a taste for them. So he put garlic, ham and a few other seasonings in the mashed potatoes and had me sample the mashed potatoes bit, and it was delicious. Made the pasta up and stuffed them with the potatoes, I put a few on my plate, ate one and spit it out. I have no idea what it is about them I don't like, maybe it's the pasta and mashed potatoes, even with sour cream and onions it was awful to me. Oh well, I tried. I made buns yesterday following a new recipe and while the recipe itself is vague the buns turned out ok. My appetite was still iffy yesterday so only ate my left over stir fry minus the rice, a freshly made bun and an oktoberfest sausage. I had a bun on my plate but couldn't finish it. This is a great diet I tell ya lol

Rob has gotten addicted (but try convincing him that) to a facebook game that I play called Treasure Madness. Everytime I load it to play the little arcade type games in it, he looks at me and I say in my best sing-song voice "Would little Robbie like to PLAYYYYY????" and end up relinquishing the computer to him LOL But you'll never see him on facebook or myspace or any site like that. He hates it that he is on LinkedIn but was told it would be good for his career if he signed up on there. It's an online profile for professionals similar to facebook but geared towards what your trade is, etc. You can meet up with head hunters there, colleagues who give you an online reference to applied jobs and such. He's only maintaining his profile until he gets into Bruce Power full time and then he'll delete it/deactivate it saying he has now reached his goal.

He played Treasure Madness until he went through my "energy" reserves that allow you to keep playing on the game (when I play during the week I save them for him LOL) and he went through all of them Saturday and played again last night. I evidently fell asleep on the couch sitting upright (Sign I'm super tired) and he woke me up and sent me to bed at 10:40.

Not sure what the weather outlook is for today but I'm not planning on going anywhere.

Pics.... the cinnamon buns I made Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning, and snowshoeing yesterday.







Jenn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)