-->

Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Trillium Grant (January 19, 2010)

My kinette club is this year's recipient of the trillium grant... we are getting $45,000 to buy a towable concession stand. January 25th is the presentation day. Which is fine and dandy... go there, get a few pics taken with our Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP - our voted representative for Ontario Gov't) and do the cheque thing.

Good Kinette Tanya who was the one to fill out all the forms and such was keeping us abreast on details. She sent out an email saying when it was but still working on a location etc..... I sent back a smartass email saying "I suppose next you'll be telling me I have to give a speech in front of another 100 people right? lol" adding that I'd planned on being there.

Well... lol..... I'm eating my words.

About an hour later I got an update saying:

Jenn - they have earmarked a spot for you to speak (you'll be speaking to media & all those in attendance). If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. We all saw how well you spoke at Brenda's Life night, so we know you can do it, girl!

Then they talked about getting a news crew going and everything.

I think that's what put me over the edge and gave me this sick feeling that I've been dealing with.... LOL

It's exciting..... but you guys know me.... I'm TERRIFIED.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)