-->

Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

Today's Hikes

After the cruel reminder of how out of shape I am yesterday, I slept like a log (bear in hibernation?) from about 10:30PM to about 9:00AM with only one interruption at 2AM to visit the little room.  Rob showered (I was going to wait until evening to shower) and we headed to Timmies for our breakfast sandwich and headed to the Park.  Still feeling yesterday, I opted for an easier trail with not too much of an incline.  We picked the Logging Museum trail.  The trail was pretty packed with people passing through prior on foot, but we made it through, walking on the lake for a bit.  I was cold enough that I didn't get very many pictures, not to mention very tired (still from yesterday but determined not to let it keep me off the trails!!)  The mitts I wear are very bulky..and... well...  look like these:

OK, so they're kids... you get the idea.  Anyway, they are not meant to be photographer's buddies.

We finished the trail and oddly enough, I was still up for some hiking...  maybe sans snowshoes, but still up for some rugged beauty.

We drove to Beaver Pond and did the 2.0km hike by foot (no snowshoes) on the path.  Had a few hairy moments on the stairs, but broke into a sweat in my polar gear so off came the polar mittens and stuffed them into my pockets.  Hands no longer constricted...  I took photos till... well, the batteries went dead near the end of the trail :)

When you see the photos I've taken so far on this holiday, I think you'll agree 150% that the scenery up this way is second to none.  Especially in the winter when the ice forms on the rocks on the side of Hwy 60, the rivers show some open water that seemingly appears right out of the snow and ice.  It is a surreal experience, the best I can describe.

As for now I'm just relaxing and having dinner...  my leftover steak from yesterday.  Mmmmmm :)

This has been one of the nicer trips we have taken so far and I'm enjoying myself a LOT.  I think I'll fire up my laptop and empty the camera card and look at the pictures taken thus far...  about 130 so far :)

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)