-->

Pages

Monday 30 November 2009

Man, I feel like I've been running to stand still! This whole weekend is a blur to me. Friday we just stayed at home, making plans for the weekend packing wise. We had to bite the bullet and get the attic of the shed cleared out before it got too cold.

We've started using up some of the frozen stuff in the freezer so there isn't so much to take when we get to the new place. Every so often, we go through a cooking spree and freeze a lot of it so we have "quick meals" later. Starting to get it used up. Friday night we boiled up some pre-made stuffed noodles and I made my alfredo sauce. It tasted good but my stomach didn't care too much for a lot of it. I'll be glad when my body adjusts to the meds. Thursday I had phoned the doctor who prescribed and he told me to take 2 a day instead of 3. We got the chicken out for beer can chicken for Saturday.

Saturday morning got up and after having our morning tea/coffee, we bundled up and went to the shed and got the attic cleared out and took a load to the landfill. I was relieved to get that job done as I hate ladders and I was up in the attic (pitfall of being smaller than hubby I guess LOL) handing stuff down to Rob.

Came in, showered, got the chicken on the go and got ready for an evening out. We were heading to Waterloo to check out some big screen TV's and see if we could get some of the Christmas shopping done. We found out that a lot of places closed at 6PM... we got there at 6:30.... d'oh!



Oh well LOL We went out for drinks after and then came back home getting home around midnight. Took my meds and went to bed. Was feeling a little crampy.

Then the mother of all cramps woke me up at 1:30 and I was just doubled over completely. Tried using the bathroom to no avail. My whole abdominal area just hurt like a son of a you know what! It passed a little bit, and then it woke me up again at 3, then again at 5 when I was finally able to do something in the bathroom and it was finally done. I knew exactly what the culprit was: the chicken skin it was so greasy it caused the stupid meds to painfully disagree with me. I felt so much better that I went back to bed and slept until 10:30 when Rob woke me up to ask if I was still going to help the kinettes clear out our old clubroom since we're not using it anymore. If so Tina was hoping we could carpool (she had phoned while I was still sleeping). I got up feeling fine and picked Tina up and headed over to Palmerston.

Got the clubroom cleaned out so now we can turn in the keys and be rid of that structural disaster.

Came home, rested a little and then we had dinner. I was painfully aware that the dishes were sorely behind... and I knew it was really bad when Rob gave me dinner with plastic forks and knives. We ate, went to Paul and Annalese's for a visit, came home and went to bed.

This morning I put a dent in the dishes (we at least have cutlery again) and getting psyched up to get these angels cut out for the Kinettes Angels of Hope campaign (CF Fundraiser) that I'll be attending this Saturday.

This Saturday is also the Christmas Parade in Palmerston. We've apparently got a "train" to decorate for the parade (makes sense since Palmerston is an old railroad hub for the grand trunk railroad...) and if we have Christmas lights please bring 'em. I guess I'll take my icicle lights LOL We decorate it Friday night. We also collect for the food bank during the parade. We've been doing this for years so people know to bring their non-perishables to the parade. I'll take my camera and see if I can get pictures during the parade.


That's about it for today! Time to get the next load of dishes done.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)