-->

Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Nightly Forecast

Tonight’s forecast: Dark. Continued mostly dark tonight turning to widely scattered light in the morning.


Woke up at 4:30 am with a dry mouth and the need to use the ladies room. It is now 5:00 am and I am still up. Ugh!

The real forecast is 28ºF with about 3 feet of snow if not 4'

Rob and I are planning another trip to Arkansas at the end of the month, as long as they keep roads open, and his remote access to work for the month end reports works. He's been working from home this week to test the remote access out and iron out any kinks. Better here than 1,000 miles away from home :)

My friend Lizz and I are extremely excited about this trip, the last time I saw her was May/June 2007 for my honeymoon. Lizz boasts several hummingbirds during the hummingbird season. To my two or three that visit my yard every year, she has an easy 50 birds at hers. She also has other birds that I would just love to see in my yard on a regular basis such as the painted bunting, indigo bunting, eastern phoebe, and other birds. It is an excellent opportunity for me (and Rob) to go there and visit and laugh and joke and have an all around GREAT time, and for me to get photos. We are also treated to genuine southern cuisine. Grits, biscuits (which is like our tea biscuits here) white breakfast gravy and everything else required to make your cholesterol doctor have heart failure.

For this year's trip, we will also be stopping in at Indiana to meet an internet friend and potentially bring her with us to Lizz's. We are all members of the hummingbird club and are used to emailing each other on a daily basis. We've also all talked on the phone as well. While I have met Lizz off list before on the Honeymoon, Julie and I, and Julie and Lizz have not. Hopefully the weather holds and Julie can make the trip with us.

There are several things I do need to pack for the trip specifically for the journey, such as pillows and blankets. Like the honeymoon, we are driving. Honda Civics are great fuel efficient car... but that's it. At least my base model proves that. It is difficult to get comfortable when you're driving non stop and your partner is driving while you are *supposed* to be sleeping to rest up to take over when your partner needs to sleep. However, since this trip is going to be made in the winter, I'm not sure how much driving I'll be doing. All the straight long stretches happened at night while I was driving. Since I was trying to avail to sleep during the day (in a base model honda civic....) I was tired at night, almost too tired to drive. But I managed to do the 4 hours through Illinois. I don't think it'd be wise to drive that fatigued in the winter. Hence the stop in Indiana to rest/sleep/visit.

Speaking of sleep, I'm starting to get tired again, so this is my cue to end here and get a few more hours sleep :)

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)