-->

Pages

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Beautiful Winter Day

It's hard to wrap your head around "Beautiful Day" and "Winter" being in the same thought, let alone same sentence. But for someone like me who really notices the adverse effects of overcast lack of good sun days, I love days like today.

It is a chilly 37ºF out there, blue skied and the sun is just piercing right through the snow decorated trees.

Working more on the Granny Ripple Afghan and was showing photos of it to my friends when two of them asked me how big is it going to be? Good question. I'd been crocheting and crocheting and admiring the fact that it now covers my legs and keeping me warm as I crochet LOL The pattern called for 24 ounces of yarn, which for me was 8 balls of baby sport. Right now it's 35" long and I'm only on the 3rd ball of yarn with 5 more left. I consulted the pattern and it reads that the finished product would be 36" x 44" with the two rows of Single Crochet as trim around the blanket. It's a good thing I looked because I would have ended up with a potential 36" x 88" long blanket! So I think when i finish this ball of yarn I'll do the trim and make a second blanket.

I haven't decided what colour I'm going to do the trim, but I figure I'll do a gender neutral colour, perhaps yellow or pastel green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)