-->

Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Pick Me Up Day

I feel like I've been fighting a touch of a head cold, not full blown, but enough to irritate the you know what out of me.  Yesterday was the "worst" and now I feel I'm finally on the mend in that department.  I think it would have been MUCH worse had I not drank as much orange juice that thanks to the heartburn meds I can finally drink and enjoy.

Yesterday I just rested and slept on the couch and watched tv, and knitted (I'm attempting to make a pair of slippers for hubby who's birthday is on the 22nd) and ate and drank as much as I could.

The plan was to have shepherd's pie for dinner and we had hamburger thawing in the fridge for it.  Rob called and deducing from how awful I apparently sounded said take it easy, I'll just make burgers tonight, don't worry about dinner.  Am I blessed or WHAT? I love my hubby :)

This morning feeling just tired from the whole ordeal of this bug whatever it was, I took a shower to freshen up, wash my hair and put some smellies (L'air du Temp) on to perk my olfactory system.  As I was towelling off, thought I'd treat myself and fix myself up even though I'm not going anywhere today.  It had been forever since I did anything to my hair so decided to let it go curly and fix it up that way.

Normally when I do that, it turns into a frizz zone.

I went through my goop collection to see what I had and found this stuff called curls and shine.  For once I read the directions and followed them to the letter.  I do believe I conquered my unruly hair and the whole ordeal took less than 20 minutes with my blow dryer.

So now I sit here feeling pretty for the first time in a long time lol  I think I  should do this more often.  Take THAT old man winter!

Jenn

1 comment:

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)