-->

Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Humm Feeder

Each night if I leave my hummingbird feeder out, I think a coon comes around and drains it. So I started bringing the feeder in at night. Well the other night I brought it in and some ants came in with it :( (someone we all know forgot to stick the ant moat out there LOL) and Rob killed a bunch of them (the bigger ones too) and put the feeder back out for me. He told me about this later.

So as it is getting dark I look out and I see the feeder has a bunch of the large ants on it. I told Rob I was just going to leave it out and let the coon have it rather than bring it along with the ants in the house when we're trying to keep them at bay.

Sure enough the feeder was drained this morning and I used the last of my sugar to make a 1 cup solution of feed. Remembered to hunt down the ant moat that was outside, fought the (incredibly) huge spiders for it (ick!) and filled it with water after washing it out of webbing. Ants may have gotten me yesterday but today it's Jennie 1, Ants 0 LOL

But I'm sure tired of bringing that blasted feeder in at night. Someone suggested chicken wiring at the bottom and I think I'll take that into a last straw consideration.

My tomato plant is still putting out delicious tomatoberry tomatoes :)

Just having breakfast.... and made myself some tea.

Rob started his new job today and found out I think yesterday that he'll have to start carrying a blackberry. He's not exactly happy about it but so be it if that's what they want. I think outside of that he will really enjoy his new position it will be a nice challenge and change for him.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)