-->

Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

My Saturday

We were up yesterday at I think around 9:30 after a late night, Rob had his shower and we headed to Listowel stopping in Wingham to check on the progress Paul was making on putting Mum's hard drive contents onto an cxternal drive. He was so swamped he hadn't even been able to get to it. He took the hard drive out of her old laptop and checked it, and learned that Mum has 4GB worth of stuff in her My Documents folder alone. This isn't even including the few gig she has stored on her desktop (not something I recommend..... tends to slow your system down even more and she is only working of 512 MB Ram) instead of using shortcuts.

So we continued on to Listowel we both had hair appointments at 11:00. The girl there was running behind so asked us if we could come back in a half hour. We had to go to Canadian Tire anyway to grab some stuff they had on sale. We are in the process of switching all the regular light bulbs in the house to the energy efficient ones and they were on sale. We picked up a bunch, I got a thing of measuring spoons since mine were getting old and starting to collect rust (they are metal) and did not feel comfortable using them anymore. These are interesting, it has a ½ Tablespoon measurement in addition to the regular increments. I'd never seen that before. We also meant to get some cupboard slide outs but noticed the time and had to get going. Got our hair done (ohhh felt so good!) and went to Pizza Delight for lunch. Did the buffet thing, and then went over to Mum and Dad's for the afternoon.

We left there I think around 7:30 after dinner and headed back to Wingham. We dropped by Paul and Annalese's. It was Annalese's birthday (turned 36) so instead of going back out for coffee, I was poured a glass of wine, Rob was given a beer and it was an evening of music, talking, dancing (lol) and lots of laughter. I had a few glasses of this strawberry wine so now I'm hooked on that (and it's cheap too lol - $12 for a large bottle) and by the end of the evening I think Annalese, her friend Rebecca and I were feeling pretty good LOL We left around midnight and got home a half hour later. I took my meds and went to bed. Up at 2:45AM for a pee break and then slept until 8:30. We took our time getting up.

Right now I'm just doing a few bits of laundry and Rob's working on school work. We'll be heading to Mississauga later. I'll be taking my laptop with me.

I'm hopelessly behind on email having not gotten on at all yesterday, so I think I'll put it off until tomorrow and catch up while I've got time to kill at the hotel.

Well, going to pour myself another tea and get ready to have a shower.

Jenn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog comment forum is moderated so please be nice :)